Mango Melon Smoothie | Mango Melon Cold Soup | Recipe of mango melon smoothie | How to make mango melon cold soup | Cold soup recipe
Mango Melon Smoothie | Mango Melon Cold Soup is gluten free and vegan friendly smoothie/cold soup that will help you to beat the summer heat. This fantabulous Mango recipe can be served either as a smoothie or a cold soup.
Mango chilli cold soup which I have earlier shared is a wonderful way of having mangoes in a different way.
Chilled drinks like Fruity lassi/ Fruity yogurt cooler are one of my favorite things about summer.
Mango Melon Smoothie | Mango Melon Cold Soup, a welcome change
Chilled fruit soups are just so refreshingly welcome on a hot summer day. The combination of mango, melon & mint along with sabza seeds in this smoothie/soup is, in my mind, is perfection.
Few years ago I saw this recipe shared by very talented Mr Vishal Amin on a food group, which i took note of to make it some day.
This time of the year when musk melon is flooded in the markets, and my craving to eat and drink something chilled took me back to the recipe I saved many years ago.
Made for each other combination
In this recipe, the mango brings a certain level of sweetness that I find muskmelon is otherwise missing and the two gel beautifully together.
With combination of mango, raw mango, roasted fennel seeds, hint of mint and chilled yogurt makes it almost the ideal light summer drink/soup.
The fun topping of soaked, swelled sabza/takmaria/basil seeds and shredded cucumber peels on the rim of melon bowl did the job quite nicely to brighten the otherwise simple looking smoothie/soup.
Cheers to summer, a new outlook on musk melon and a fun cold soup to try out!
If you are looking for more Mango recipes, do check out the following on the blog –
Step by step instructions and pictorial presentation
Cut the Melon in to half. Scoop out the melon pulp from the both halves and keep empty one half to use it as a soup bowl.
Spread soaked sabza seeds/ takmaria/basil seeds on the rim of melon bowl. Deep Freeze the melon bowl for 3-4 hours.
Blend all the listed soup ingredients together. Season and chill it for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
Remove the empty & garnished chilled melon bowl and pour this chilled soup into it.
Serve it garnishes with shredded cucumber peel on top.
- Soup Ingredients :
- Medium sized musk melon, 1 peeled and de seeded
- Chopped Raw Mango – 2 Tbsp
- Mango chopped – ½ piece
- Chopped Fresh Mint – 2 Tbsp
- Roasted Fennel Seeds (half crushed) – 1 tsp
- Beaten Curd (Yogurt) – 150 ml
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cucumber peels
- Takmariya/sabza seeds/basil seeds (Soaked in water for an hour) on the rim of melon bowl
- Cut the Melon in to half. Scoop out the melon pulp from the both halves and keep empty one half to use it as a soup bowl.
- Spread soaked sabza seeds/ takmaria/basil seeds on the rim of melon bowl. Deep Freeze the melon bowl for 3-4 hours.
- Blend all the listed soup ingredients together. Season and chill it for 3-4 hours in the fridge.
- Remove the empty & garnished chilled melon bowl and pour this chilled soup into it.
- Serve it garnishes with shredded cucumber peel on top.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading my today’s post. Please share your valuable feedback in comments with us, as we love to hear from you.
I will see you soon with yet another interesting recipe. Come right back a I love to have you around.
Pin it for future reference 🔽