Pizza Dosa|Italian Dosa | How to make new style Dosa| Fusion Dosa recipe| How to make Pizza Dosa
Pizza dosa|Italian Dosa is basically an amalgamation of two cuisines. Here humble dosa from South is given makeover to make stylish Italian pizza.
This is a fusion recipe made with a traditional breakfast of south india Dosa, which is topped with vegetables and loads of cheese.
It’s very similar to another favourite south indian breakfast Uttappam minus the cheese and pizza sauce.
Breakfast an important meal
Breakfast at my place is always an elobrate affair. Be it parathas, Sandwichs, Poha, upma, Sindhi Koki, omelette bread, Seviyan with Aloo, you name it and my family eats it.
Still i always look for new options. My children will ask first thing in the morning, Mom what is for breakfast today?
Oh same, not again make something different na, and i say, what? You haven’t had this same breakfast since last 8 days na.
This pushes me to explore new breakfast variations.
So here i have come up with combination of two dishes, Dosa & Pizza, its kinda south meets italy😄
Pizza Dosa|Italian Dosa
Pizza Dosa|Italian dosa can be made with our regular dosa batter in no time. I find this makeover of dosa very convenient option for breakfast as this has right amount of protien and carbohydrates required for growing children.
This super yummy combination helps my children to eat more vegetables, which otherwise they wouldn’t prefer to eat.
Lastly you can check my other fusion recipes like👇
So here we go, let’s make yummy Pizza Dosa/Italian Dosa.
Ingredients to make pizza dosa:
Dosa batter 1 small bowl (kept it ready a previous day)
oregano & chili flakes + salt to your taste
Pizza sauce 7 to 8 tsp
Grated carrot – 1
Finely chopped cabbage – 1/2 cup
Capsicum + tomatoes + onions (sliced)
1 tsp – olive oil to glaze vegetables
Cheese powder to sprinkle
Garlic powder to sprinkle
Grated processed & mozzarella cheese.
Black pepper powder as per taste
Salt and mix herbs as much as required
Steps to make pizza dosa
Saute all the vegetables in some olive oil, keep aside. Take the dosa batter. Add in oregano and chili flakes as per choice.
Spread this dosa batter on the non stick tawa. Once its done nicely on down side flip it.
Spread the pizza sauce on top. Arrange vegetables on it. Sprinkle some cheese & garlic powder.
Spread grated cheese.Cook for a few minutes on medium flame till the cheese melts.
The delicious Pizza Dosa is ready to eat.
Recipe card :
- Dosa batter 1 small bowl (kept it ready a previous day)
- oregano & chili flakes + salt to your taste
- Pizza sauce 7 to 8 tsp
- For toppings:
- Grated carrot - 1
- Finely chopped cabbage - ½ cup
- Capsicum + tomatoes + onions (sliced)
- 1 tsp - olive oil to glaze vegetables
- Cheese powder to sprinkle
- Garlic powder to sprinkle
- Grated processed & mozzarella cheese.
- Black pepper powder as per taste
- Salt and mix herbs as much as required
- Saute all the vegetables in some olive oil, keep aside.
- Take the dosa batter. Add in oregano and chili flakes as per choice.
- Spread this dosa batter on the non stick tawa.
- Once its done nicely on down side flip it.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top.
- Arrange vegetables on it. Sprinkle some cheese & garlic powder.
- Spread grated cheese.Cook for a few minutes on medium flame till the cheese melts.
- The delicious Pizza Dosa is ready to eat.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading my today’s post. Please share your valuable feedback in comments with us, as we love to hear from you.
I will see you soon with yet another interesting recipe. Come right back a I love to have you around.
Pin it for later :