Easy Vegetable Quesadillas | Veggie Quesadillas | How to make Vegetarian Quesadilla | Easy veggie Quesadilla recipe with step by step instructions
Easy Vegetable Quesadillas | Veggie Quesadillas is an irresistibly delicious Mexican dish filled with flavorful veggies and cheese.
In addition to that, these are made with the lightest spray of oil, so it’s the perfect grab a bite or on the go snack anytime.
My other Mexican cuisine recipes you would like to try –
Easy Vegetable Quesadillas | Veggie Quesadillas, highly customisable
This easy veg quesadillas recipe that is full of vegetables is totally customisable with whatever veggies you happen to have on your hand.
It’s so easy and quick to make, and so very delicious!
Quesadilla, what is it,?
A quesadilla is a Mexican cuisine dish, a type of taco, consisting of a tortilla (chapati) that is filled with veges or meat, spices and cheese, and then cooked folded on a griddle(tava) or stove.
Traditionally, a corn tortilla is used to make Quesadilla, but it can also be made with a wheat flour/All purpose flour tortilla according to Wikipedia.
It is served with salsa dip, sour cream or Avocado dip / Guacamole.
Easy Vegetable Quesadillas | Veggie Quesadillas Best Dinner option
Come weekends and my family always looks forward to have something different for Dinner.
Apart from making regular meals that consists Sindhi Sai Bhaji/chana dal palak, Alu matar tamatar sabzi, Mumbai pav bhaji, Vada pav Fondue, Maharashtrian Misal pav, Vegetarian Shepherd’s pie and Thai red curry with vegetables , whenever I am stuck for easy dinner ideas, I’m always game for quesadillas!
Specifically, these easy vegetable quesadillas! The reasons are many.
1. They are the perfect way to empty out your vegetable drawer of any leftover veggies.
2. These quesadillas are easy to make with readymade tortillas, just fill them up with veges and some cheese.
3. All you need are some chopped veggies, some cooked rajma beans, or add sweet potato. For non Vegetarians, chicken works the best.
Serve this with your favorite salsa, sour cream or guacamole.
Let’s talk about ingredients
So let’s talk ingredients for these easy Vegetable quesadillas! To make this recipe, you will need these main ingredients :
Tortillas: Any kind of tortilla. It can be corn, wheat flour or all purpose flour, everything works best.
I have used store bought ones.
As I mentioned above, the veggies here are completely your choice! I really recommend adding Zucchini, Carrots, Broccoli, American corn, Baby corn, Mushrooms, three color bell peppers, onions and lots of fresh coriander leaves/cilantro.
Jalapeno: I recommend adding some Pickled jalapenos for that extra zing.
Beans: You can go for boiled and seasoned kidney beans/refried beans/rajma for Protien power to your Quesidillas. I haven’t used this time.
Seasoning: I used a combination of ground cumin, chili powder, salt, pepper powder and chat masala. Feel free to add whatever Mexican seasonings you have.
Cheese: I used processed and mozzarella. You may use any of your favourite.
Dipping options: I recommend serving these quesadillas with sour cream, salsa or guacamole.
How to make Easy Vegetable Quesadillas | Veggie Quesadillas
Saute the vegetables
In a non stick pan add some oil. Saute garlic and chilies. Next add ginger and minced onions.
Keep sauteing it till the raw aroma is gone. After that start with carrots, baby corn and sweet potatoes (if adding, I haven’t), since it takes a bit longer to cook.
Then saute the rest of your vegetables one by one. Season each with your desired amount chili powder, salt, pepper and chat masala.
Transfer to a bowl for later use.
Assemble the quesadillas
Place a tortilla in the pan/griddle. Once warm on the down side, flip it. Spread cheese all over tortilla.
Then spoon sauted vegetables on the lower half side.
Sprinkle some more cheese all over vegetables and fresh coriander leaves over it.
Then fold over the other side to make a half moon of tortilla. Brush some oil/butter.
Cook until the bottom side of the quesadilla is lightly toasted and turns golden in color.
Then flip and cook on the other side. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make Quesidillas.
While serving, slice them into triangles.
Serve warm with your favorite salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream.
Pro tips to reheat
1. Just transfer Quesidillas to baking tray and warm them at 100°C in an oven until ready to serve.
2. You can reheat these Quesidillas on hot griddle/tava on low flame, flipping once, until the filling is hot.
3. Microwave for 30 seconds at full power until just heated through.
Recipe Card 🔽
Easy Vegetable Quesadillas | Veggie Quesadillas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup Bell peppers Red, yellow and green
- 1/4 cup Carrots
- 1/3 cup Zucchini
- 1/8 cup Baby corn
- 1/3 cup Button Mushrooms
- 1/8 cup American corn kernels boiled
- 1/8 cup Pickled Jalapenos
- 1/3 cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp cumin/jeera powder
- 1 tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Minced Onion
- 1 Minced Green chili
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 4 large Readymade tortillas
- Salsa guacamole and/or sour cream
Saute the vegetables
- In a non stick pan add some oil. Saute garlic and chilies. Next add ginger and minced onions.
- Keep sauteing it till the raw aroma is gone. After that start with carrots, baby corn and sweet potatoes (if adding, I haven't), since it takes a bit longer to cook.
- Then saute the rest of your vegetables one by one. Season each with your desired amount chili powder, salt, pepper and chat masala.
- Transfer to a bowl for later use.
Assemble the quesadillas
- Place a tortilla in the pan/griddle. Once warm on the down side, flip it. Spread cheese all over tortilla.
- Then spoon sauted vegetables on the lower half side.
- Sprinkle some more cheese all over vegetables and fresh coriander leaves over it.
- Then fold over the other side to make a half moon of tortilla. Brush some oil/butter.
- Cook until the bottom side of the quesadilla is lightly toasted and turns golden in color.
- Then flip and cook on the other side. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make Quesidillas.
- While serving, slice them into triangles.
- Serve warm with your favorite salsa, guacamole, and/or sour cream.
I hope you guys enjoyed reading my today’s post. Please share your valuable feedback in comments with us, as we love to hear from you.
I will see you soon with yet another interesting recipe. Come right back as I love to have you around.
Pin it for future reference ⬇️