Coconut and Roasted Peanut Pops| How to make Peanut Pops| Unique Makar Sankranti Recipe| 3 Ingridients Recipe for fasting| Fasting recipes
Only 3 ingredients recipe of coconut and roasted Peanut Pops is easy & nutritious, as it has all the goodness of coconut and peanuts, in one sweet/ mithai/dessert.
Ideal dish for festival season :
Coconut and Roasted Peanut Pops, is a unique recipe, which you can try making for Makar Sankranti or any festival.
Instead of making regular, run of the mill Til/Sesame Ladoos or Til Chikki, do try this interesting recipe, which my friend Kanwaljeet once shared with us all.
Makar Sankranti/Pongal :
The year 2017 has started on a great note. I am doing what i love the most, travelling. Nothing much was planned for new years eve.
But all of sudden the idea of spending the new year and ushering it on a friend’s farmhouse in Gujarat, came upon, as whole bunch of friends planned to do so. We drove down there and had a blast.
The festival of Makar Sankranti/ Pongal is approaching soon. Everytime i make sweets like sesame seed/til ladoos, chikki of different varieties.
This time i thought to give regular stuff a miss, and make unusal stuff, coconut and peanut pops, using the almost same ingredients to make Chikki or ladoo.
Only 3 Ingredient required
The recipe requires only 3 Ingredients that are scrapped fresh Coconut , roasted Peanuts and Condensed milk. Just mix these three ingredients and bind them into pop shape.
It can be made ahead and if stored well, It stays good for many days.
So here i present very healthy and nutritious Coconut and Roasted Peanut Pops, which is actually can be served as ladoos too.
The shape of pops gives it a added attraction and can be served in individual portions too.
You may would want to try my other Festival sweets/mithais.
In a nonstick kadhai put dry coconut powder. Add coarsely grinded peanuts. Add condense milk. Cook on medium flame till it leave the sides. Turn off the flame. Keep aside to cool.
Adjust quantity of condensed milk to check pops are formed properly.
Make round balls. Put icecream sticks in centre. Flatten them to give the shape of pops. Roll pops into dry coconut powder.
– for serving to children dip these pops in chocolate.
– Use jaggery instead of condensed milk
- 2 cups dry coconut powder
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (grind coarsely)
- 1/ 4 cup condense milk or more
- Dry coconut for coating
- Icecream sticks or kulfi sticks
- In a nonstick kadhai put dry coconut powder. Add coarsely grinded peanuts. Add condense milk. Cook on medium flame till it leave the sides. Turn off the flame. Keep aside to cool.
- Adjust quantity of condensed milk to check pops are formed properly.
- Make round balls. Put icecream sticks in centre. Flatten them to give the shape of pops. Roll pops into dry coconut powder.
- Use jaggery instead of condensed milk